4, February 2011

Greetings -

It's been a while since I have sent out an update. The 'cross season ended on (see last missive) and the circle of life has brought me
back to the bench in Warwick atmo. Snowshoeing is the new black, if you catch my drift. And sisters, drift doesn't begin to describe
the accumulation of white stuff we have here. There have been days in the past few weeks during which half the time was spent shoveling
the paths to the road, and to the shop, and to the woodpiles, and to the compost area. I finally caved and had our property put on the list
for a local to plow so that at least the cars would no longer be landlocked. It has indeed been a long winter and it's not over yet atmo.

So, I haven't ridden a bicycle or even had my leg over one since the last lap in Bend sometime during December. You'll notice in this image
that air is key to a smiling face. I flatted with about a lap or so to go and the look says it all. Unlike 2009 when heavy mud days (it IS 'cross
after all) were the norm, I never had to power-wash my bicycle once all fall, but the natz were different. This coming season will be extended
by a month or so since the championships are in January of 2012 and I look forward to more days of fitness, travel, and finding ways to get
on or near the podium. The fire within me that is only satisfied with a good race result still burns and I and I am resting up in anticipation of
starting the 5 month ordeal all over again by late summer.

The new (revised) dotcom site is up and running and we finally have all the pages functional. Please check out the press/articles as well as the
the interviews links for the latest print and viral reporting about me and the Richard Sachs Cyclocross Team. It all begins on the front page.
I also am part of peloton magazine's site's new feature on artisanal framebuilding.. An interview I did with Patrick Brady went live last night. Here
are the links to read them -

http://pelotonmagazine.com/Artisans/content/17/379/Richard-Sachs-Part-1

http://pelotonmagazine.com/Artisans/content/17/380/Richard-Sachs-Part-2

In three weeks I will be in Austin, Texas for the NAHBS show. This makes number seven for me. The weekend looks to be well organized
and the exposition is said to be near to a sell-out capacity both in terms of exhibitors and tickets sold. See you there atmo.

Thanks for reading.

e-RICHIE


No comments:

Post a Comment